Thursday, October 6, 2011

Falling In Love With Fall

All our winter friends are returning. After a summer of no food in the feeders, the word is out! She's feeding us again guys!

I was in Goodwill again this week. I found this lovely candle holder. In case you can't read what it says, it is taken from Jeremiah 29:11. "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and give you a future and a hope." Gotta love that....and a nice little reminder on my coffee table is a good visual aid!

I love this fall sunshine that permeates my kitchen while I'm making supper. I still need to distribute the gourds throughout the house, but for now, I'm enjoying them in the kitchen. And the apples...I don't peel 4 bushels with the apple peeler like I did when all seven kids lived at home, but I love the smell and who turns down a nice apple crisp?

My baubles. I have had these for several years. I 'borrowed' them from an old chandelier in a house we were leaving. They catch that gorgeous sun and fill the whole kitchen with light.

Hmmm....blogger tipped this on its side, but you still get the general idea. The sun was even brighter than in the other pic so I thought I'd include this one.

And ahhhh...my bittersweet. At least I think it is. I wade into the swamp up to my thighs while my boys laugh by the roadside. But I always come back triumphant! This dries out lovely and then I put a miniscule dab of hot glue on each berry (yes, I'm a little weird) so they don't roll off, I have also tried modge-podging them. Any way, I love bringing in wild things from outside.
All in all, fall is my favorite season, walks on chilly days, leaves everywhere, animals hunkering down for winter, the food, the glorious colors. Makes me want to sing!

  1. Now thank we all our God, with heart and hands and voices,
    Who wondrous things has done, in Whom this world rejoices;
    Who from our mothers’ arms has blessed us on our way
    With countless gifts of love, and still is ours today.
  2. Oh, may this bounteous God through all our life be near us,
    With ever joyful hearts and blessed peace to cheer us;
    And keep us in His grace, and guide us when perplexed;
    And guard us through all ills in this world, till the next!
  3. All praise and thanks to God the Father now be given,
    The Son and Him Who reigns with Them in highest Heaven;
    The one eternal God, Whom earth and Heav’n adore;
    For thus it was, is now, and shall be evermore.
I love this old hymn. We sang it in church every Thanksgiving when I was little. I'm enjoying Fall, and I am enjoying the wonderful blessings God continually gives us.

No comments:

Post a Comment