Sunday, March 17, 2013

Photo Challenge 17 - Technology

There is so much technology around us today, that it is hard to decide what would best define it in a picture.

Here is a definition of the word from Wiki: The word technology refers to the making, modification, usage, and knowledge of tools, machines, techniques, crafts, systems, and methods of organization, in order to solve a problem, improve a preexisting solution to a problem, achieve a goal, handle an applied input/output relation or perform a specific function.

Whew. Well that is clear as mud. Anyway, I got thinking about all the improvements that have been made since my mother first started keeping house. I think we've come a long way. I know my children have more conveniences than I had!

I wandered into the kitchen and found a picture that shows just a little of the advancements technology has made over the past century!

Three of the appliances that get a lot of use around here. The kettle, the refrigerator, and the microwave.

4 comments:

  1. I like it. I had to laugh - I hit publish on mine and low, there was your post 'hot off the press' as well! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your refrigerator looks like mine inside....I always have a jar of spaghetti sauce inside it seems! I love it how kids (in general) like to stand with the fridge open surveying the contents! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I'm noticing how tall Patrick is getting...not such a little boy anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for kitchen convenience. I don't have a microwave, but I do have a toaster oven. I am so thankful that I don't have to split wood and cook over an open fire!

    ReplyDelete