Friday, March 29, 2013

Day 29 of the 30 Day Photo Challenge - Black and White


Today for many photographers, black and white is an interesting way to look at the world in photos. There are always some baby shots and some wedding shots taken in black and white for those special occasions. Some photos are considered art and hang in museums or galleries.

To me, black and white photos remind me of the pictures in old photo books and small cardboard  boxes, tucked away in my closet. They remind me of pictures that came in the mail from Holland when I was small.

We did not have a color camera when I was a young child and I remember the wonder of colored photos my married siblings brought home. There is a particular picture in my memory of maple trees along a road.  I simply could not understand that all that glorious color could be captured on film.


No comments:

Post a Comment