Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Smooth...

There is this green glob in my blender these days...

The main ingredients are 2 of these bananas...

2 cups of this stuff...

And a 1/2 cup of this yogurt.
All mixed together, they make a pretty ok breakfast. The blender wakes everybody up, the looks of this in a cup drives people from the kitchen, and drinking it leaves me longing for toast and peanut butter, but those Christmas cookies are still hanging around and I want to get rid of them. No big steps, just some healthy changes. I did this last year too and it paid off. Plus I'm getting the old runners on in the early a.m. again too. I love walking out just before the sun comes up. Last year I watched spring arrive day by day and I will again this year. Not from the comfort of my couch with a cup of tea, but on the roads and pathways of our neighborhood. Lovely. 

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! (walking). My husband (and dog) walks and hour each evening. I have a neighbor who walks a couple times/day. (I am lazy). I did try walking in my backyard but it was futile. When it warms up, I will try to ride my bike that I begged my husband to buy me a couple of years ago! I love drinking smoothies....I could just drink my food...I like doing that! Yes, blenders are too loud! love,andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, if you were here in Ontario, we could bike together :)

    ReplyDelete