Monday, January 3, 2011

And On We Go...

The older I get, the faster the years slip by. So hard to believe it is January again.

  It is early Monday morning, not 10 yet and already I have made a trip to the local landfill site, cleaned out the garage, and fed some hungry faces. The hungry faces include some rather rude squirrels and our rabbit Beatrix. (Our daughter's rabbit really, but feeding her is a bit of a family affair.)

Have I mentioned that I love the humdrum days? Well, I do. I love the housecleaning and the homeschooling and the time for a cup of tea with my devotional time with the Lord. I love to wake up and think, "No appointments today, no distractions, just the lovely routine of life." Thats not to say I don't like company because lets face it, I am a bit of a chatterbox, but I like being free of the constraints of time. It fits well with my procrastinator nature.

All that said, I am joyously heading into a new year and eager to watch God at work in our lives. Isn't He amazing?
One of the hungry faces I feed each day.

I wish you all a happy and blessed 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment