Monday, November 22, 2010

Baby Jesus in the Orange Crate

 My Nativity scene is set up. It has a place all its own on top of our antique roll-top desk and at night, when the room is dark and lit with candles, it shows up beautifully beneath my desk lamp. I used to have an elaborate stable but sold it in some yard sale or another during one of our many moves...so the baby Jesus gets put in an old orange crate...and somehow to me, that seems appropriate. It makes me remember that Jesus did not arrive to pomp and splendor. He came to a lowly manger in an ancient stable. 

My prayer for you this Christmas, is that amidst all the glitz and glamor that Christmas has become, your focus will be on that tiny baby that was born in a stable and grew to give His life as a payment for our sins so we could become perfect before God.

"For today in the city of David there has been born for you, a Savior, who is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11


No comments:

Post a Comment