Saturday, March 24, 2012

Time Marches......

Early morning sun greeted me all last week. What lovely weather we've had.

But today the clouds were thick and my morning walk included a light rain.

I dug this kitty out of a box that I packed away before Christmas. Whimsical, right?


Sometimes there is not a lot to write about. Sometimes the days drift by in a comfortable sameness...homeschool, family, outdoor work. Sometimes the world is a little off kilter and there are things you just don't write about. You cover them with prayer instead. And the sun shines...last week was a gift. It was like June out. We played outside. We had camp fires. We cut down trees and stacked wood. I bought a new soccer ball for the boys and we got out the badminton set.
.
I read a quote once from the song, 'Beautiful Boy' by John Lennon. It read, " Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans."  Its true. Life is fleeting. Time marches on so quickly. I am so glad we have eternity to look forward to. It would be sad if this were all there was. In the meantime, I'm watching my children fly out of the nest, one by one, clinging to the memories I am making with these last two boys, and sharing the joy of the growth process of our grandchildren who like my own children, won't pause the growing up long enough for me to stop and memorize them as they are.


Happy Spring, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment