Thursday, March 24, 2011

Of Coming Spring and Other Things

On a bright cool afternoon, I put together some little aprons for my granddaughters. It was a fun and easy project that turned out rather well!

Walmart sells some amazing little bundles of fabric so with an little imagination you can accomplish lots!

Our apple trees are certainly enjoying the added hours of sunshine...

...and so are the kids who wear these boots. Lots of mud holes in the neighborhood.

Some of our feathered friends wish it would warm up though.
I am already busy with spring cleaning, washing curtains, wiping down walls, airing bedding...the things I remember my mother doing in the spring. I can remember how she opened all the windows and hung all our blankets on the line. I remember her standing by the ironing board while she ironed several beds worth of sheets.

I am so thankful God gave us the seasons to enjoy. Happy Spring.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Spring to you Anita! :) The aprons are beautiful and will be well loved and cherished! *heart*

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Love the new background, those dandilions make me want the warmer weather so badly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi anita
    beautiful blog!!! i like your aprons.
    i wish you a wonderful spring weekend,
    greetings from germany,
    regina

    ReplyDelete